Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hi @LR14 , @Little_Leopard @Faith-and-Hope @tyme @Coffeelover82 @encee @Glisten 

How is everyone here tonight?

Just an update, my life’s pretty full and pretty awesome. I wish there were more hours in a day to do things.

I’ll be on school holidays in about 3 weeks and I’m today looking forward to it. Going camping.

I feel the kids at school are getting tired. Their behaviour has been quite full on… not to mention teachers are tired so when you put the too together, there are issues.

As for my BPD life, it’s been pretty uneventful. No outbursts, self harm, meltdowns or anything. I think the main thing weighing me down is that I wish I could get more things  done. I’ve got so many projects in my mind. But when I start them, I want to do them properly.

I’ll have to go to list making again. I find that helps.

How’s everyone else going? I’d be interested to hear.

❤️ @BPDSurvivor 

Just tired here …. pushing trucks uphill in all my life directions at the moment, taking the baby steps.

Sounds tiring @Faith-and-Hope . Just know that after pushing the trucks uphill, there’ll also be an easier journey back down. 

That’s life I guess. 

Although I have to admit that my life seems like it’s on a baseline high. I really should have a conversation about reducing my meds….it’s been nearly 20 years on the same med but different dosages.

I can bear to think about the side effects of reducing though. It’s not easy…

Oh well, I’m not going to let this waste my brain power. Life’s too short.

Just hang in there my friend. It’ll be worth it. 

❤️ @BPDSurvivor …..

Hey @BPDSurvivor . It’s good to hear from you!

Great to hear that life is going so well and you’re busy with the awesomeness of life!

Camping sounds fun! Are you camping bush or beach?

I have the opposite issue to you. I constantly start new projects and just loose interest. No matter how hard I try. I have come to realise that I’m a drifter! I like to taste and sample everything.

What projects are you thinking about? What things have you put on your list (if you have started it yet).

Life has been hectic for me. I had a few crisis situations. Also had to do some Medico Legal stuff which dredged up the past. I got though it though so I’m proud of myself for doing that that.

Over all I just been trying to enjoy my days. We are looking forward to the school holidays as well.

Hi, BB. I like what you had to say, as I have a similar story. How can we chat more? I’m in Australia. My husband and adult children know I’m extremely sensitive, but nothing about BPD

Hi everyone,

I've just come across this thread and thought I'd say hello.

I have a complicated relationship right now with whether I actually have BPD or not. I saw a psychiatrist at the start of this year who said not according to the DSM, but yes according to the ICD.
So I suppose I have a mild form, or have traits, at the least. It was explained that I internalise emotions (i.e. express them at myself rather than others) which I've read others refer to as 'quiet BPD', which I can relate to a lot more.

Anyway, hello.

x rye

Hi @rye  and welcome to the forums 👋

Hi @rye ,

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing. FYI, it will be BPD awareness week soon (1-7th Oct). SANE will hold a special event on Tuesday 26th Sep 2023. You can ask questions then too because a BPD clinician will be on.

I’ll tag you when I find out more.

Hi @rye @Faith-and-Hope @Sweetpea2020 @Little_Leopard @tyme @Horacette @encee @Coffeelover82 @L12 @Needhope @BlueBay 

G’day everyone!

Well it’s the end of another school term

for me so thank God I’m on school holidays. It’s been a big term and i reckon the kids are tired.

As for me and my BPD life, things have been pretty stable. Yes, I’ve had a few rough

moments, but that’s life.

In terms of relationships with people, things are pretty okay. I still don’t tend to get super close to people but I’m fine with that. I like having acquaintances. This is because if I had a ‘friend’, I somehow find it an obligation when I have to spend ALL the time with that person. I’m not sure I have the same definition of ‘friend’ as other people do.

I came across a saying that meant a lot to me recently, “If it be, then it’s up to me”. In other words, I am the author of my own story. I am the one who is in charge of my life. As ‘crazy’ as it feels sometimes, I can’t rely on others for my recovery and healing. Ultimately, recovery is in my hands. 

Now I understand why I was turned away from so many MH services. They knew I wasn’t ready for help even when I said I was. However, at the ‘right’ time, things fell into place and so here I am - on top of life. Onwards and upwards. Larger than life. 

Look forward to hearing how you are all going!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance