Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi @Shaz51

How are you today and more so - how is your mother

I imagine that would be a tough operation for her - my best wishes for both of you

Dec

Hi everyone

Friday morning

I am paying for yesterday - everything hurts and although we had a cool change late yesterday we are in for more hot weather over the weekend

I am exhausted - the heat really knocks me out yesterday and I was on my computer for hours yesterday resetting it - and how confusing is that - I used it a lot on Wednesday and that might have been the cause - so many deleted items in the trash -

Anyhow - this was bad for my back - and tension - stress - wow - we all get that when our computers give us a hard time - so yeah - today I normally have someone take me shopping but I think I will be sending her - ah - how much money do I have? - I need to give my driver cash if I send them shopping

I feel strange up-dating my back pain - but yes - yesterday was scary - a glitch in my computer is something I can manage but having a new computer break down and having to send it some where for servicing even if it is under guarantee would be horrible

There are worse things than having our computers go on strike - but how many people use social media for social reasons - I have since I got dial up in 2004 and it made a huge difference to my life

All the best everyone - I hope you all have the best day possible

Dec

Thank you @Owlunar xoxo

Mum is doing a bit better today , she is in a ward now instead of ICU which is good

I am ok, still feeling tired

I am glad of that @Shaz51

I thought she's had a second operation because she had necrosis of some of her bowel - but I am having a strange time using two mail boxes

I wish both of you the best and hope you can both get a good night's sleep

Tough time for both of you

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

Had a good day here @Owlunar, thanks. Pleased to see you are pacing yourself, not pushing it with this awful heat. Self Care, nobody really knows what its like in our skin, how much pain were in what to avoid. Yesterday I was about to step in the shower and all of a sudden ALL my energy went and felt like I was going to collapse. Ousted myself to stay upright, real quick one, couldn't hold arms up to do hair, stepped out, atill wet i slipped on my baggy dress ans fell into bed again, 1/2hr later I was OK, weird. Today's OK. I get very stiff sitting or laying too long sorry pushing that.

Hi @Former-Member

I am glad you had a better day - personally - I think you have to recover from the last few weeks and you are right - no one can tell what another feels inside their own skin

We all have our own experiences - our own pain - we have coped with trauma differently and wow - this is a fierce lesson

When you had that weird thing happen in your shower I think that was heat stress - we might be having what feels like a coolish shower - but our bodies need to release heat - and that happens suddenly in the shower - where does it go to? Who knows -

I had something like that happen on Thursday - I was supposed to go to see my therapist and I had a shower to freshen up even though I had one earlier - and I did something similar - I grabbed my used shorts and an unironed shirt and flaked near the A/C and rang my therapist to say I wasn't going

She was  understanding - I rely on taxis and in the late afternoon I could find myself alone in a busy street waiting for a taxi in the heat - not a good place to flake out

We all know what to do about heat stress but when do we do it - I read that if our indoor temperature is at 25 celcius then we are too hot - and that can happen with the A/C on

Another hint - leave a window on the other side of the house open a little bit - it's hard for the A/C to cool totally recycled air and it can get overwhelmingly stuffy too -

So it's possibly a good idea to watch it in the shower - I never thought about that before but since Thursday and now after you have had the same thing - yeah - get near a draft with a wet cloth around your neck with your feet up and drink water and eat some chips - the salt balance can get out of whack in hot weather too but they don't recommend regular salt - but you can get something from the chemist that you can freeze that balances our electrolytes

What else - ah - where was that brilliant idea? - it just got up and ran off. I will probably remember it in the middle of the night -

What was it - a good hot weather tip - gone - gone - gone

Yeah - our feet - keep our feet up - our bodies can retain water too - and my feet got puffy and sore and I seemed to be fat - my body was uncomfortable - bloated - and this morning I (how do I put this) well - I had to pee for ages - the water I had drunk had been in my feet and elsewhere because I feels like my regular weight

and - and and and - guess what I learned - they have younger people goint into the ED with heat stress and heat stroke -

I am glad you are feeling better today Tawnz - you have walked a rough track lately and you need to build yourself back up again

Hugs - Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Owlunar How are you? 42°C here today grr just laying around. You got rain yet?

@Former-Member ....

I've got rain ....

Annoying .... huh ❣

🤗🤗🤗💕

Hi @Former-Member

There weather is cooler here this morning - yesterday was not as hot as it has been and we had rain last night - and I slept well

But yesterday - sheesh the heat knocks me around - I had my usual back ache and the pain between my shoulder blades caused by working on my computer for ages on Thursday resetting so much stuff - and I had what I call a bad pain day and did very little except watch TV and each the best part of a small cook chook

After all - why not eat such nice food while it was still fresh and pleasant? I enjoyed it

I found a flyer in an envelop that came with my pension details - "How to Cope and Stay Safte in Extreme Heat" - and got some details on surviving the heat

The symptoms you described when you were having a shower the other day are called Heat Exhaustion - and yes - that's what I have had - so you lie down in a cool place, drink cool water and wear as little clothing as possible and see a doctor - when I had an attack of this I was at the doctor - and I know you live in a small place and don't have access to a doctor easily

But you did treat it properly - and if it happens again do the same thing - but when you do see your doctor I think it would be a good idea to be checked out

@Faith-and-Hope- I guess you have plenty of rain for now - it's nearly spring where you are atm and I guess you will be heading back to Australia before long - I am thinking of you and yours and hoping everyone recovers from the Lurgie quickly - it can knock your socks off

Dec

Well on the mend, thanks @Owlunar .... and starting the count-down ....

Having a bit of a pyjama day at the moment.  Low energy ..... but need to get something done a bit later on.  Need to spread the pack up and clean up over a few days,

I have been tracking your news, and hope you're having a reasonable day.

❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance